|[ BACK TO TRAINING COURSES ]
Course Name: Game of Logging - Level 1 (8 hours)
Course Date: 4/26/17
Time: 7:30 am
Credit Hours: 8
[ Directions/Map ]
Game of Logging - Level 1 (8 hours) - focuses on introducing the participant to open face felling and the development of techniques to safely use it. Topics covered include personal protective equipment, chainsaw safety features, chainsaw reactive forces, bore cutting, pre-planning the fell, and understanding hinge wood strength. Game of Logging - Level 1 can be repeated for Continuing Education credit if the individual has not completed the class within the last 5 years.
DCNR Moshannon State Forest office
3372 State Park Road
Penfield, PA 15849
Kevin Snyder (814) 589-5231
Is on your own. Please bring your lunch and water to the training as there will not be time to leave the site during the day.
What to Bring:
PPE – hardhat, hearing protection, eye protection, chain saw chaps, sturdy leather boots, and appropriate clothing for the weather (rain or shine) and running a chain saw. This training is held entirely in the woods. You may bring your own saw and felling equipment, but it’s not required.
Please Note: The registration deadline for
this course has past or the course is full.
• Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable after the course registration deadline if the course is held and you do not attend.
• Courses may be cancelled if a minimum number of students are not registered by the registration deadline. Please register on time.
• Employees insured through Eastern Forestry Insurance Group can have the $90 registration fee for GOL classes reimbursed by WJ Cox Insurance.
• Northern Tier Hardwood Association members can apply for a 50% reimbursement of registration costs after completing courses. Contact NTHA at (570) 265-7753.
• For a full description of the PA SFI Training Policies, please visit www.sfiofpa.org/requirements.