|[ BACK TO TRAINING COURSES ]
Course Name: Advanced Logger Rescue (8 hours)
Type: Con. Ed.
Course Date: 4/29/17
Time: 8:00 am
Credit Hours: 8
[ Directions/Map ]
THIS CLASS IS FREE, BUT PRE-REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY. A $20 FEE WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER ATTENDING THE WORKSHOP FOR ANYONE WISHING TO RECEIVE THE 8-HOURS (2 YEARS) OF PA SFI CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT.
TO REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP PLEASE REQUEST AN APPLICATION FROM:
or go to:
Advance Logger Rescue (8 hours) - is geared to prepare firefighters, EMS personnel, foresters, and loggers in taking action to reduce severity of injury and increase the loggers chance of survival during a logging accident extrication. The program teaches all participants how to handle an "in woods" rescue from the time a person has not arrived home until they are at a Level-1 Trauma Center. Instructor Dana Hinkley is a retired captain (specializing in heavy rescue) from the Berlin, NH Fire Department. He has also spent the last 35+ years working in the logging business. Dana has developed the Logger Rescue courses and has trained hundreds of loggers, foresters and EMS personnel throughout the United State and Canada.
Howard Fire Company
341 Walnut Street
Howard, PA 16841
Lunch will be provided
What to bring:
Students will need to bring the following equipment for class: Personal protective equipment; hardhat, work gloves, safety glasses, safety-toe foot protection, work clothes appropriate for the weather. Class is delivered regardless of weather.
PLEASE READ DETAILS TO THE
LEFT ABOUT HOW TO REGISTER
FOR THIS CLASS.
• Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable after the course registration deadline if the course is held and you do not attend.
• Courses may be cancelled if a minimum number of students are not registered by the registration deadline. Please register on time.
• Employees insured through Eastern Forestry Insurance Group can have the $90 registration fee for GOL classes reimbursed by WJ Cox Insurance.
• Northern Tier Hardwood Association members can apply for a 50% reimbursement of registration costs after completing courses. Contact NTHA at (570) 265-7753.
• For a full description of the PA SFI Training Policies, please visit www.sfiofpa.org/requirements.