|[ BACK TO TRAINING COURSES ]
Course Name: Sustainable Forestry (8 hours)
Type: Con. Ed.
Course Date: 5/1/17
Time: 8:00 am
Credit Hours: 8
[ Directions/Map ]
Sustainable Forestry (8 hours) - How do you know that a timber harvest is “sustainable?” What are the consequences of high-grading and diameter limit cuts? This course covers the elements of sustainable harvesting practices and how to assess a stand. It focuses on the forest that remains as a result of the harvest.
Jefferson County Conservation District/DCNR Bureau of Forestry Office
1514 Route 28
Brookville, PA 15825
Dave Jackson (814) 355-4897
Jim Finley (814) 863-0402
Is on your own. We will break for lunch around noon.
What to Bring:
You will not need to bring anything for this training. Portions of this training are held in the woods. Please come dressed appropriately.
Please Note: The registration deadline for
this course has past or the course is full.
• Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable after the course registration deadline if the course is held and you do not attend.
• Courses may be cancelled if a minimum number of students are not registered by the registration deadline. Please register on time.
• Employees insured through Eastern Forestry Insurance Group can have the $90 registration fee for GOL classes reimbursed by WJ Cox Insurance.
• Northern Tier Hardwood Association members can apply for a 50% reimbursement of registration costs after completing courses. Contact NTHA at (570) 265-7753.
• For a full description of the PA SFI Training Policies, please visit www.sfiofpa.org/requirements.